Thursday, June 18, 2009

HHH is sponsored by the number eight

I think my hubby is in for it. I have really taken a liking to making scrapbook pages in addition to making cards. What that means for him is that I have yet another hobby. The good news for him, however, is that many of the supplies are transferable between card making and scrapping.
I made this layout for our eighth anniversary an 8x8 size. I have kind of taken a fancy to this size for beginning my scrapping career. It's not too overwhelming like 12x12, and not too tiny like 6x6. It's just right. I used some Magnolia DP (My Minds Eye) and tried sewing it to the paper. I LOVE how it turned out and the detail it added. Be looking for more sewing on projects as I think it is my new favorite thing. I stamped "eight" using the Just My Type alphabet from Unity Stamps (do you think I've gushed enough about them? They are so great!). The sentiment came from the August '08 KOTM. I paper pieced the two colors of the sentiment together and popped it up a bit for visual interest. The scallop circle was cut from the DP and I added some orange glitter glue for texture.

If you want to see more great projects using Unity, click on over to the Unity Blog. There are lots of blogs listed all featuring Unity Stamps. Sign up for their KOTM and get a free Bevy of Butterflies kit...it's super cute! And this weekend you can get 30% off all orders!

13 comments:

  1. I really love all the different papers you used. It's so cute! Welcome to your next new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat combo of patterns, Rachel!! Sweet picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the anniversary! When I read your title for the post I had to laugh 'cause we are watching Sesame Street. ;) Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the papers and colors in this page! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo cute! Have fun scrappin too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the patterned papers you used! beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Rachel.. welcome to sbing.. it's so fun isn't it???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Congrats on the win yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great layout, and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel, luv this LO! Beautiful and the colors awesome...luv that scalloped circle with the details too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers