Friday, June 26, 2009

hop in pink and green ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ and an announcement!

Both my cards this week are pink and green, and while I love these colors, I made each for a separate challenge.
The first card was made for the Unity in Pink and Green challenge. I paper pieced the image, cutting out each flower and gluing the center and curling the petals. I meant to put something (glitter? rhinestone? who knows?) in the centers of the flowers, but got distracted when Button woke up and forgot to get back to it. Ah the hazards of kids. I had the photo corners in my stash (clearance from Target) and colored them to match the pink cardstock. The twine was the finishing touch. This stamp was one I won at Hip Hop a couple weeks back. If you haven't checked out Hip Hop you must! So fun! Unity Stamps has super cute images, a fabulous KOTM (I haven't been able to sign up yet, so if anyone wants to sponsor a stamper and sign me up I'm all for it!). Check out their website or blog to see all their AMAZING sales this weekend.



The next card was made for the Ad Challenge (which was part of an impromptu crop over the weekend) on the A Walk Down Memory Lane forums. I chose to use the colors of the ad in my card. The butterfly was cut out of white cardstock using the Stampin' Up butterfly die for the Big Shot. The smaller butterfly was cut with the same die using a scrap of fabric. I added some rhinestones for the body of the butterfly. To create the background I wanted to duplicate the butterfly shape, and I had no good DP so I made a stencil using the butterfly die and splotched Versamark in it. The sentiment is from the August '08 KOTM from Unity Stamps. I stamped it, then punched it with the word window punch, and punched the ends of that with my 1/8 inch hole punch and threaded it on the twine.




Oh, and you wanna hear my news????? I get to be a guest designer for A Walk Down Memory Lane (AWDML) for the month of August!!!!!!! I am super excited! It will be my first DT position! YIPEE! I will be spotlighting one of their manufacturers products so stay tuned for that!

10 comments:

  1. Great cards and congrats on the GDT position!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats rachel! So happy for you.. amazing cards.. u go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your gdt spot! that is so exciting. love your cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards and congrats on the DT spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel

    way go girl!... and what butterfly card....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards! Congrats on you new DT position! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your butterfly card. Pink and green look so good together, very Summery :) I like the jute around the bottom too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers