Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Hopping!

Happy Hip Hop! Can I just say I'm glad it's Friday! Have you seen the newest Halloween kit from Unity Stamps? It is so cute! I love the Halloween Tree! If you want to get it 10% off along with every other Unity Stamp, use the code CREATE when you check out through Sunday. All the past KOTM's are $35 through the weekend as well. Check out the Unity Blog for a complete list of HHH participating blogs!



The first card was made for the Dragon Fruit Salad challenge as a part of the Mini VSN last weekend over at splitcoaststampers. I also used sketch 237, also found on SCS. The image is from the August '08 KOTM from Unity Stamps. I embossed the image and colored with pink passion and pixie pink. I used my blender pen to make an in between shade too. I stamped the mini flower on some lime DP I had in my stash from Big Lots and used a Fiskars border punch. The ribbon was from the Target $1 spot. I just love how the colors pop together.



I made this for the Etsy Inspired Challenge EIC45 and Unity Is All About Shapes challenge. Let's just say the featured shop, The Daily Pincushion has tons of inspiration! I stamped the flower (eliminating the stem) from the August '08 KOTM on a circle I cut out using my Making Memories shape cutter. The I'm here for you sentiment is also from that kit. I colored the flowers using Cameo Coral and Blush Blossom. The faux stitching on the circle is done with Always Artichoke to match the base layer. I'm here for you is stamped in Always Artichoke and faux stitching is in Cameo Coral then popped up a bit off the page. I added some So Saffron DP to the background to tie it all together. For more information on the EIC, check out my girl Ashley's blog every Saturday to be Etsy Inspired.

21 comments:

  1. Great job on both! Love those vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Rachel... love those bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are cute and colorful, great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, luv the bright colors and these are both wonderful cards..TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, I especially love how you used the two sizes of flowers on the first card. That Fiskars punch is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I like your faux stitching on that second one...so perfect for this week's Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA!! loving the bright colors on the first card:) very, very NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them, so fun seeing the images used different ways...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards - I love the color combos you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards!
    the colors of the first card just pop up when I enter your blog
    lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Rachel and thanks for plugging my Etsy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cards. Great colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely cards....the first one has one of my all-time fave images..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic cards. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards!! Love the Dragon Fruit Salad and the EtsyInspired card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers