Friday, July 17, 2009

Hip Diddly Hop Hangover!

Happy Friday! We are finally home for a while now. We've had a summer of travels, but I am ready to stay put and get some stuff done around here. See yesterday's post for the studio mess I am working on taming. I have made progress, but still have a ways to go. I did manage to sneak in the two Unity challenges yesterday. Hey, have I mentioned how much I {heart} Unity Stamps? The images are great, and so are all the Unity gals (and guys)! Be sure to check out the Unity blog for a great bunch of images on sale, with $2 shipping this weekend!
First up, the Unity Fab 5 challenge. The challenge was to use 5 embellishments. I used glitter, grass punch, 2 ribbons and a staple. I made a cloud by punching out circles of various sizes, gluing them together to look "cloud-like" and then sponged some blue ink around it. The snail is from the April '09 KOTM, "happiness" is a part of a stamp in the August '08 KOTM.



The second challenge was to use crinkled and inked cardstock. I crinkled some white CS, used 2 shades of blue and misted it a bit with water. I love the look of it. I paper pieced the flower, which is from the August '08 KOTM. I added some brads for the flower's centers and some twine at the top.



Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

  1. great cards Rachel! Cool way to make the clouds in the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute hun!! Have a fun weekend! I am cleaning too...not so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great creations Rachel. I can't wait to see your scraproom once it is done. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cards, you did amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great cards. the grass is very creative. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello
    great creations Rachel Have a great weekend too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are tremendous! But I love the crinkle flower one the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel, that's a cool grass punch you have there! Both cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool cards and i would love to see your ramped up craft space:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of them!! The grass is really neat. Not sure I'd seen a grass punch before. The crinkled background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers