Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Hip Hoppin' Hangover!

This is the second card I made for the Unity Stamp Company guest designer challenge combined with the Etsy Inspired Challenge.Check out the store Vol25 if you want some great inspiration (Jessica also designs for Unity Stamps)! Thanks to my friend Katy for stamping me some images so I could play. The pear is from the July KOTM. I used 2 Daisy Bucket patterned papers from A Walk Down Memory Lane. If you haven't tried Daisy Bucket papers, they are just wonderful, 2 sided textured papers. My three embelishments are an acrylic circle frame, a stitched ribbon and a blingy flourish. I really love hot it turned out. It is one of my favorite cards thus far. And it won me a stamp set yesterday at hip hop!
If you want to see the complete list of Unity enthusiasts creations check out the Unity blog!

Below is my inspiration piece. I loved the purple and green color combo.



I made this next card for the Unity Wing It challenge. The requirement was to use an image with wings. I chose a butterfly from my faithful August '08 KOTM. The sentiment also came from that kit as well. I added some faux stitching and glitter to the butterfly.







Don't forget if you want to get the Unity Stamp Company exclusive store KOTM for August, 100% Happy. Check out yesterday's post for details. Have a GREAT weekend!

20 comments:

  1. well did you play the lotto.. you were on a roll yesterday... great cards, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, your cards are awesome and congrats on winning a stamp set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love the dramatic effect of the colors for the pear card. And the glitter on the butterfly is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still love that pear card! congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! Particularly the one for EtsyInspired! Thanks so much for playing along! Come back next week and don't forget our Birthday Bash on September 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute cute Rachel!! Blog is coming along very nicely - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Rachel! I love the final look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are beautiful cards! I am particularly fond of you pear card, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh nice, loving the new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. I love the color green and it looks so pretty on your cards. That butterfly really caught my eye with it's glittery glory. Wonderful work!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS!
    Winning free stamps is just SWEET!
    Love your card!
    Who thought tha a pear could be so cute?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects. Don't you love winning Unity

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards! Congrats on winning a stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. two great cards. I love the bright green with the black and whit on the pair card. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GREAT CARDS!! Love the greens and your card layouts, just perfect!! :-) Jess

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers