Friday, August 21, 2009

Meow!!

I made this for the Hip Hop Sponge It challenge (which I thought should have been called "sponge worthy"...Seinfeld anyone?). My studio time is almost always during naps; Button was sleeping so Bug and I went into the studio. I started out making a card, but Bug, my 3 year old, thought we needed to make puppets. So change of plans, and I made a cat using a paper bag, some punched circles for the eyes, cut a nose and ears and used my distress inks(which I am totally in love with, don't be surprised if you see them alot now!). The kitty got a collar, bling and a name tag stamped with the Unity Stamp Company "Just My Type" alphabet. To see more great projects today from fellow Unity addicts, hop on over to the Unity Blog.

A close up of Leon (Bug chose the name, which also happens to be the name of Grammy B's cat)


And don't forget, if you want to get you hands on the Unity Stamps Exclusive store kit for August, head on over to
Paper Maniac for a great deal on that, and save 20% when you sign up to have your kit autoshipped to you each month!

Don't forget about the GRAND OPENING on September 1! 15% off everything in the store!


14 comments:

  1. I love it, it's the perfect cat puppet! in the Spongeworthy episode, the guy who was "spongeworthy" is Luke from Gilmore Girls. I'm a fan of both GG and Seinfeld so I thought I would share that with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Rachel, will have to try this one. Oh love Luke from GGirls... he is ''spongeworthy'' , I would have no problems sponging him!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Bug enjoy playing with this adorable sponged project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL this is sooo cute!!! Way to think outside the card box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, I stamp during naptime too. love this cute little puppet and I love that you shared this crafting time with your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, what a great Mommy you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! This is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute that you changed your plans from a card to the puppet for your little one! It is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so clever!
    Love this little cat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, Rachel! I might use that idea at school this year :) Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers