Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Patterned Paper and...what's that? Copics? WOOHOO!


Let's face it..."guy cards" are hard to make. I got this great stamp by DogGone Stamps and new it would fit the bill. I colored the fish and worm with sharpies and added some Broken China Distress ink to the background, ya know, like water. I also used the distress ink on the cardstock and patterned paper to tie it all together. The paper is imaginisce and I stitched it down after distressing it. I added dew drops in the corner. The base layer is fantastic, I love Bazzill!
All patterned paper is on sale over at Paper Maniac, check it out! And sign up for the newsletter to get notice of newsletter only specials! Oh and rumor has it Copics are coming to Paper Maniac in October (see me happy dancing?)!
Stamps: DogGone Stamps Paper/cardstock used: brown Bazzill Cardstock, imaginisce patterned paper, Really Rust SU! cardstock Ink/Embossing Powders: Memento Tuxedo Black, Broken China Distress Ink Accessories/tools: Dew Drops, Sewing Machine, corner rounder, paper trimmer

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, great masculine card! I always have a hard time too making these and then I end up making the more girlie than anything - LOL. The image suits the card perfectly. Love your use of the distress inks, stitching and dewdrops - man, I wish my sewing machine was working!

    Alma =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooo cute, Rachel! It reminds me of the beginning of the move Shark Tail!! Just because my boys watch that movie several times a week! One of their fav's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun image, your coloring is beautiful and I love the bauble bubbles

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers