Sunday, October 4, 2009

another 1973 flashback

Just posting some more pictures of our new soon-to-be home. We close next Wednesday, I am excited for the possibilities it holds. And then the real fun will begin. The first weekend we'll be busy cleaning, prepping for painting and then giving everything a fresh coat of paint. We'll also be ripping up the brand new carpet that is in the dining area. With a 3 year old and an 18 month old, it'd be NASTY in a week from all the spills. I just started packing things up around here. We'll be moving two weeks from today. It is going to be a crazy few weeks around here.
Here is the girls room. You'll notice the lovely brown paneling and trendy mauve curtains.


This lovely floor to ceiling shelf closes in the dining room from the stairs. Can anyone spot the safety issue with this? Let's just say a piece of plywood will be screwed into the back until it can be replaced with a mission style railing down the road. And yes, little one has already tried to climb through it.


Yellow kitchen sink anyone?



This is the light hanging over the stairs. I actually kind of like it though so I'm not sure of it's future.



And does anyone like landscaping? Check out the HUGE bush in the back corner of the lot. It is literally at least 20 feet wide and about as deep.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Rachel. I just LOVE your sense of decor. Isn't it nice that you don't have to do a THINIG before you move in! ROFL. May I suggest a nice avocado green stove to go with the harvest gold sink? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a serious bush...and I so wish I could come help you redo. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers