Friday, October 23, 2009

Didja miss me?

Let me just say that moving is exhausting. Life has been chaos for over 2 weeks now. We have most of our stuff here now but it is all still in boxes. Before I can unpack, cleaning needs to occur. I am almost done with the kitchen cabinets. Let me just say that I should not be going through a bucket of water for one cabinet. NASTY. Here are some pics of our "progress".


The rental truck I got to drive! Notice it's size compared to the Explorer.



Here is the broken lift gate. It wouldn't go back up so we could no longer drive it. They had to tow the truck. Thankfully we were mostly done with it.

The girls room. 2 tone green.



Our room, the colors aren't the best in the picture, but I like how it looks in real life. You get the idea.



The living room. Again the colors aren't best and I don't have editing software on this computer. I love how it looks. The dark beams took 3 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint. Not bad considering all the walls needed 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint because they were so smokey stained.



A swatch of the really old carpet under the carpet in the bedroom. WooHOO 1973!


Our room after the built in was removed and wall repair was underway.



The oil tank once it was dug out.



Oil tank in the ground.

Snow on October 12. Pretty, but so not right. I love fall and miss that we skipped it.
Flamingos outside the front door.
Boxes in the living room.
Boxes in the dining room. The carpet will get ripped up before the girls destroy it. We have been sitting on the kitchen floor to eat since spills wipe much easier there. .


Our bedroom...hmmm...boxes there too.

And the girls room. Notice we did get the paneling off the wall and it was sheet rocked under the paneling. Much better.

2 comments:

  1. Welocome back! I do NOT envy you all that work, but you are making great progress. Keep unpacking - we need you back on the DT. We miss you. (It's snowing on the south end again right now. You're correct - this just ain't right!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to look so great once you get it all done!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers