Tuesday, November 17, 2009

place cards and ornaments

Today I thought I'd share a couple of quick and easy additions to your holiday decor. Both projects are kid friendly too. For starters how about some place cards for your Thanksgiving table. I used my topnote die and Big Shot (only since I don't have Nestabilities). I ran some Graphic 45 and Cosmo Cricket papers through for the base layer, and vanilla cardstock for the top layer, then distressed the edges a bit. My daughter helped me attach some Autumn Afternoon Chipboard stickers; I thought they were really nice to work with and some even have a velvety texture! Finally, I stamped the guests names.


My 2nd little project involves metal juice lids. My girls love to play with them so we have a few, I swiped 3 for these cute penguin ornaments. First I stamped a cute penguin from the Jolly Little Winter kit by Unity Stamp Company using Staz-On ink. Next I tried two methods of coloring in the penguin, and my daughter helped with the third ornament. Finally I attached an eyelet to the top using my crop-o-dile.


This one I colored with Bic Mark-It's. A word of caution, don't go over the staz-on ink or it erases it.


The next one I used a fine tip glue pen and glitter (Martha Stewart Crafts). I love the sparkle!



And here is the one Bug colored. Since her coloring erased the penguin, I stamped him again after she colored. I'll have to maybe try embossing it next time for a better result, but she had fun creating.






1 comment:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers