Saturday, January 30, 2010

Here Comes the Sun ~ Paper Maniac Blog Hop


Welcome to the Paper Maniac Magical Mystery Blog Hop! If you arrived from Alicia's blog you are in the right place. If you want to see the complete hop, start at the Paper Maniac blog, the creations are fantastic! And all of them were inspired by lyrics of songs by The Beatles

I chose Here Comes the Sun. We have had cloudy, cold days lately and I needed something to create something that reminded me of spring and sunshine. I made the flowers using my
scallop circle nestabilities, distress ink, buttons from the Harvest and Sherbet collections and a little glitter. The stem of the flowers is a Unity stamp. The card base is Old Olive with a scallop across the front and the blue layer is actually DP from the Sassafras Lass Sunshine Lollipop's pack. I added distress ink to all layers of paper to complete the look.



Here is a closer view of the flowers.




And the lyrics to Here Comes the Sun:

Here comes the sun,
Here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right.
Little darling it's been a long cold lonely winter,
Little darling it feels like years since it's been here.
Here comes the sun,
here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right.
Little darling the smiles returning to their faces,
Little darling it seems like it's years since it's been here,
Here comes the sun,
here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right.
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes.
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes.
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes.
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes.
Little darling I feel that ice is slowly melting,
Little darling it seems like years since it's been clear,
Here comes the sun,
here comes the sun,
It's all right,
it's all right.

Want to know what you're playing for? Leave a comment (on all blogs) for your chance to win a mini-deck of all 3 new Cosmo Cricket packs, the new Flourishes cloud background stamp and a package of American Crafts Pearl Brads.

Wait, there's more! If you sign up for an account at Paper Maniac if you haven't already and be entered to win a $20 voucher to the store!

And be sure to sign up as a follower at the Paper Maniac blog for daily inspiration and 2 challenges each month with prizes!

Next, hop on over to ***Tenia's blog***

42 comments:

  1. This is one fabulous card. I just love the flowers and love the bling bling you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are YUMMY, Rachel! I so need to try those out! Fab song you picked, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a while since I stopped by to visit. I LOVE THIS CARD! Those flowers are amazing and then with the lovely stamped stems. Beautiful. I am going to go look at that stamp set so I can case you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Miss Rachel!!! Love those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are just gorgeous flowers.. and perfect for that song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card. love the flowers.

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those flowers are AMAZING!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those flowers - they are really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers! Love the bling and inking too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty flowers!! love the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it Rachel, beautiful flowers and I choose the same song :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty......love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it--these flowers are BEAUTIFUL! TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I never would have thought the scalloped circles would make such beautiful flowers. You are just so creative, Rachel! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card - love the distressed flowers and the sparkly centers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! I LOVE these flowers, they are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those flowers

    Janie Boots
    boots3103@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very lovely and creative! These flowers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is stunning!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE these flowers!! Gorgeous card!! I want to make some! So very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the flowers...real beauty. haven't try that before. I am a flower addict ...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  23. we definitely could use some sun and your card brought that and more to us! great inspiration from your song!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're card is FABULOUS! I especially love those flowers! I'm sure they are even more beautiful in real life. Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Rachel!! I LOVE the flowers and the sparkle! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice. I'm now following along to see what other great projects you design.
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those flowers! I've tried making some with vintage music paper, but I really like the look with distress ink and glitter -- I'll have to try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those flowers are super adorable! Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful flowers!! What a great way to soak up the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super Cute!

    Thanks!

    Lucky
    www.scrapbookingInk.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, very cool technique, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ohhh your paper flowers are gorgeous!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers