Monday, January 25, 2010

Makin' Progress Monday ~ the studio

I thought today I'd show off my unpacked studio. Don't you just love the awesome grey paneling? It will go and be painted sheetrock at some point, but not high on the priority list unless we get bored and alot of other stuff done this winter. This first picture is the first wall to the left of the door. Hubby made the cabinets and we got the bins and dimensions for the cabinets from Ikea. I have my ink pads stored in a cassette tape holder from the thrift store. I have some chipboard alphabets in re purposed frap bottles on top.
Boxes with punches and ribbon. I need to get the shelves up still for those.

My "desk". Hubby built the paper racks, I need him to build more and also one in 6x6 size. Can't wait!


Some "awesome" cork backed built in shelves. My silhouette sits safely out of reach of the little ones (and notice their markers are safe there as well). The boxes have misc. felt and sewing supplies. My totes (purple) are sitting in front of them. The file box holds the girls art supplies. My smaller punches and some note card blanks are in the drawer unit.


This shelf is an extra deep bookcase style. Originally it was in the girls closet at the old house. Fabric, sewing and knitting supplies are on the bottom 2 shelves. The photo boxes hold misc papers, adhesives and scraps. Not sure what will go in the blank space on that shelf. My sewing machine and Carl cutter and sewing machine sit on top. Next to the shelf sit a 12x12 album and paper file. Cutting mats and a spare oven liner sheet (think ranger craft mat, but $.99). And the tall cabinet is a pantry cabinet that was in the laundry room at the old place.



Here is the pantry cupboard open. I have document boxes on top and my Stampin' Up! markers sit up there too. The top couple shelves hold my Stampin' Up! and Unity stamps. Then I have some notebooks/sketchbooks, glitter, Bic Mark-it's and Prismacolor Pencils. The next shelf holds a couple 12x12 paper pads. Below that sits some chipboard packs, paper from the thrift store and my heat tool. The blue tins hold my wheels, Sizzix dies and embossing folders and I have one set of watercolor crayons and hodgepodge hardware too. On the bottom I have my paper crimper, a couple cutting plates for the Big Shot, a Creative Memories box where I think I'll store my new Nesties and my drawing pencils which I haven't used since college.





The closet with the doors opened. Some misc boxes and bins. Notice the awesome wallpaper! We'll put shelving up after it gets painted. So for now I just keep the doors closed.



2 comments:

  1. Wow Rachel! Looks great. It's so nice knowing where all your goodies are. It's so frustrating searching for things. I just got my desk the way I wanted it, and then my father-in-law said to take it all off so he could polyurethane it. So, I took everything off and then he hasn't shown up yet!!! Enjoy your space. You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cassette holder is awesome for the inkpads!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers