Sunday, February 7, 2010

Calendar Project

Today I wanted to share the wall calendar I have up for our family schedule. My girls (ages 3 1/2 and almost 2) like to see what is going on and it is helping them learn the days and months. I picked up this desk calendar at Wal*Mart for around $4 and jazzed it up with stamp set I had on hand. I stamped a heart on each day and added a football for the Super Bowl and a "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment on the 14th. I need to find something that would be good for the days we go to school and Bible Study so we can have an icon for each event. I used a cupcake stamp for birthday's and then write on events and visitors as they come up. We "x" off a day each morning then talk about what we are going to do that day. Just another way to use your stamp supplies in a non-traditional manner (and justify them as "homeschooling" to your hubby!).

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I'm going to pick one of these up on my next trip to Walmart. My daughter (6) was looking at your post with me and really liked this idea too. Gotta love finding other uses for your stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers