Friday, April 30, 2010

camping flair

Happy 2nd Birthday Unity Stamp Company! If you just happend across my blog today, be sure to stop by the Unity Blog to see a list of blogs participating in the hop today.

In honor of National Scrapbook Day tomorrow, I made a quick 8x8 scrapbook page of my girls and I from our camping trip last September. . This is one of many photos from that day, it was a beautiful, warm fall day and the girls loved the tire swing and tube slide. I used a kraft base and stamped pattern on it with versamark ink. I added a 6x6 square of Basic Grey paper and then my photo.

I also found a new way to use sticky backed chipboard. This particular package (Autumn Afternoon Chipboard Stickers ~ ONLY $.50 BTW!!!) had designs printed on the other side that wouldn't work for this layout, so I peeled off the backing and shook 3 different colors of glitter on the sticky side (since it was so nice and evenly coated in sticky) and then taped it down. So I ended up using it upside down from it's original purpose. I might go back and sew the patterned paper to the base layer, we'll see.



Stamps - Unity Stamp Company: Store KOTM
Paper -Basic Grey: Origins
Inks - Versamark
Other -Autumn Afternoon Chipboard Stickers, glitter, sharpie

13 comments:

  1. great layout gf... perfect!!! Love that soft green color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Your girls look like you :)I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty page! Love that you turned the chipboard around, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Rachel!!! Gorgeous layout! I love your design and choice of colours! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout. Genius on using the back part of the adhesive chipboard piece. I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome scrapbook page. thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers