As you can see things are looking quite a bit different around here. Especially out front. Check out the before shots here and here. This past weekend was busy. We started by digging up all the existing plants we had (lots of hosta, peony, a bleeding heart and some iris) and set them under one of the pine trees out front. Next we leveled the dirt and brought in dirt from the backyard that was leftover from the septic tank replacement. Pavers were set in place and dirt brought up to backfill between the edgers and the lawn. Grass seed will get planted soon.
Then came the fun! Deciding what to plant. After laying landscaping fabric down I used the girls sidewalk chalk to lay out plants and bushes. We kept things simple using boxwood bushes, a couple of hosta varieties and some day lillies.
3 hours ago